Add Autostart KCM to kdebase/workspace/kcontrol

Stephen Leaf smileaf at smileaf.org
Mon Feb 19 22:20:26 GMT 2007

On Monday 19 February 2007 3:35:50 pm Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> ah, one other item that just occurred to me: kiosk. there should to see if
> the Exec= entry isImmutable (which would be true if the file, group or item
> itself is marked as such). if it is, it shouldn't be modifiable.
How do you check for that? Not seeing an API for it? Or this more of a set of
config options that apps need to honor. If so is there a dev friendly page on
that?
I've found a tutorial but it seems to be for setting up restrictions and not
anything about how its done.

> > And while I'm on this, wouldn't it make a bit more sense to rename
> > autostart to startup ? startup/shutdown?
>
> sounds find to me.
I mean ~/.kde/Autostart -> ~/.kde/startup
KGlobalSettings::autostartPath() -> KGlobalSettings::startupPath()
so it matches the ~/.kde/shutdown
Might also be nice to add KGlobalSettings::shutdownPath()
--
Stephen Leaf