New KListView - Grouping items

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 18:04:33 GMT 2007

> I would prefer to see more emphasis on "doing the right thing out of
> the box", and leave out extensive customizability in the first
> iteration of a feature, it can always be added later.
>
> My observations are that a common dialogue between KDE developers goes
> like this:
>
> first developer:  When the user does X , Y should happen.
> second developer:  When the user does X, Z should happen.
> first developer:  Lets make it configurable!
> second developer:  OK

I see it more like: I have hard-coded this, damn I should't have done so !!
Ok, let's wait what people say:

More or less, if we suppose I only have received 10 mails (or feedbacks from
different parts), 9 said it rocked, and 1 said it was too much (joining
items). Well if we want to go for all users, I think is not so painful
having a configuration tab (say on future kcontrol) for handling selections.
That would keep all users happy, and help customize the desktop.

I see your point, but I see my point too... so is hard to take a decision. I
would really like to hear from others.

So waiting for your comments :)

Bye,
Rafael Fernández López.