3.5.6 'make check' problems (base)

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Wed Feb 7 16:07:33 GMT 2007

> Thinking about this a bit more, even the most trivial change can
> introduce behavioural change which leads to the conclusion that tests
> should be always run when compiling code. After all thats a pretty
> normal thing among other build suites (for example maven in the java
> world), where you have a hard time disabling the run of tests.
If you think even more, you'll figure that our volunteers' time is worth a lot
too and some only want a compiled KDE to fix bugs. But as we preach,
you see we learned our leasson and that make check is now part of the
dashboard - especially as we target non-UNIX systems by now.

> I thought that the dashboard would already do this and not just check
> and notify for compilation errors. But I guess I was wrong there, I hope
> this is something that is planned for the not-very-far-future.
It checks and notifies on compilation errors including the tests.

Greetings, Stephan