QtScript

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Mon Feb 5 22:52:35 GMT 2007

> Sorry for the dumb question... but why do we need kross when we have
> QtScript?
If you want to support more than JS.

> This is how kdelibs got so huge over the years: kdelibs provides something
> that is not available on Qt. But, Qt has a script engine... why does KDE
> need 2 JavaScript like engines...?
Because kross is not a javascript like engine ;) but an abstract scripting
engine which currently can be used with python, ruby and js scripts. (js
engine is provided by kjs/kjsembed), it's unsure wether QtScript will allow
to be use with other scripting language than js.

--
Cyrille Berger