3.5.6 'make check' problems... LOTS of them

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 2 22:54:08 GMT 2007

David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 02 February 2007, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>>> Next: kio/tests does REALLY badly on the mimetype test. First /root
>>> failed (because my /root is 750 and I am running as a user that gets to
>>> use the group permissions). Fixed by chmod 700'ing /root, but this
>>> indicates that the test assumptions are flawed. Then trash:/ gave the
>>> icon '(null)'. Not sure why on this one
>
> Because kio_trash isn't installed. So the proper fix would be to do
>   if ( KProtocolInfo::isKnownProtocol( "trash" ) ) {
>   }

Ok, didn't know how to check for a protocol...

> Please use ktempdir instead of a hardcoded /tmp location and atexit.

Please don't check 'file:/tmp' then? :-)
(Didn't know about ktempdir either...)

> In trunk I have removed the trash test long ago (moved to kdebase where kio_trash is),
> but I'm missing the "not root" test [why would anyone compile as root? that's not recommended...],
> I'll add it.

Because I am lazy. :-) And because I wanted a system-wide installation,
didn't think to go to the effort of making a special user to own said
installation, didn't think I'd ever do much serious tinkering, and
because now that it's done, I don't feel like changing it (oops, just
repeated the original statement ;-)). No objection if you don't want
that checked in, I'm not sure how portable it is anyway; I just needed
it so 'make check' would get past this test.

I did check that it works for a non-root user, although my non-root user
still needs the 0-perm folder because said user can read /root.

So did you just say you're gong to clean this up, or that I should? You
seem to indicate both.

--
Matthew
OFFICER throws a tear gas grenade at you. You start to feel nauseous.
 > OPEN WINDOWS
Sorry, I have a philosophical objection to Microsoft products.