3.5.6 'make check' problems... LOTS of them

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Feb 2 22:40:40 GMT 2007

On Friday 02 February 2007, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > Next: kio/tests does REALLY badly on the mimetype test. First /root
> > failed (because my /root is 750 and I am running as a user that gets to
> > use the group permissions). Fixed by chmod 700'ing /root, but this
> > indicates that the test assumptions are flawed. Then trash:/ gave the
> > icon '(null)'. Not sure why on this one

Because kio_trash isn't installed. So the proper fix would be to do
  if ( KProtocolInfo::isKnownProtocol( "trash" ) ) {
  }

Please use ktempdir instead of a hardcoded /tmp location and atexit.

In trunk I have removed the trash test long ago (moved to kdebase where kio_trash is),
but I'm missing the "not root" test [why would anyone compile as root? that's not recommended...],
I'll add it.