Function/Usability review request: how to configure inactive/disabled colors

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Aug 30 11:59:32 BST 2007

On Wednesday 29 August 2007 18:21:16 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> I'd like to get feedback on this. Does it look Usable/Accessible? Does
> it look like it will (be able to) produce satisfactory results?

I see the following issues:

- The meaning of the labels are not clear at first sight. Maybe we should add
  some explanation of what it really means

- I'd need a lot of imagination to see what I'm doing, a live preview of the
  effect would be handy.

- There seems to be enough room to use a listbox instead of the combobox.
  Maybe the items could even have previews with them so it's easy to visually
  distinguish and find the setting one wants to change

Otherwise, the approach looks sane from my limited point of view.

Thanks,
--
sebas

Which mindset is right? Mine, of course. People who disagree with me are by
definition crazy. (Until I change my mind, when they can suddenly become
upstanding citizens. I'm flexible, and not black-and-white.) - Linus Torvalds