Function/Usability review request: how to configure inactive/disabled colors

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 30 16:35:55 BST 2007

Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 August 2007 18:21:16 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> I'd like to get feedback on this. Does it look Usable/Accessible? Does
>> it look like it will (be able to) produce satisfactory results?
>
> I see the following issues:
>
> - The meaning of the labels are not clear at first sight. Maybe we should add
>   some explanation of what it really means

There will certainly be "What's This" help. Hopefully Version II (1) is
a little better as well.

> - I'd need a lot of imagination to see what I'm doing, a live preview of the
>   effect would be handy.

Right, when I do the actual kcm there will absolutely be a preview to go
with it. I just didn't want to try to mock one up in Qt Designer :-).

> - There seems to be enough room to use a listbox instead of the combobox.
>   Maybe the items could even have previews with them so it's easy to visually
>   distinguish and find the setting one wants to change

Version II removes this problem by shrinking the controls further, and
then copying them twice. I think the labels are a little more clear in
Version II, and I agree that live preview (which the final will have)
should help also.

Thank you everyone that has offered feedback!

1: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.usability/15948

--
Matthew
"Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants...