Installed sounds

Jaison Lee lee.jaison at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 15:54:17 BST 2007

> I dont. So we should just keep on hading stuf in...??? We made a contest and
> kde 4 will have some of the best walppaers i have hever seen, and you want to
> put in the midle of them pices of work that look plain old and used....?

How exactly does a digital picture look "used"?  :)  I know you are
all proud of your Oxygen stuff but there's no need to impune the work
done by earlier artists. I really like a lot of the current desktops.

See, what I object to is that you do not seem to be saying anything
like, "The version specific wallpapers (ones that say 3.5 or 3.5)
obviously need to go and for reasons of technical superiority all KDE4
Wallpapers should really be SVG not jpg." Those are statements I can
get behind. Those are valid reasons for removing something that
someone like me probably has on their desktop right now. What you are
saying comes off more like "Those are old and Oxygen is teh r0x0r so
everyone change your desktops."

Additionally, I'm more than a little defensive because I haven't felt
like coding in KDE4 for months now because of just this type of
current-users-don't-matter mentality and the first thing I try and do
to get back greets me in the exact same way.

> > How about we make a deal? When there are more than a grand total of 16
> > seemingly random Oxygen sounds that aren't even being installed right
> > now, then we can revisit things, but until then let's stop trying to
> > remove currently working alternatives.
>
> Want me to upload them right now???

If they are supposed to be what KDE4 uses why in god's name AREN'T
they there? We're tagging Beta2 in a few days. What precisely are you
waiting for? 2 days after distros start burning their CDs?