config option for KDirWatch method

Flavio Castelli micron at bglug.it
Tue Aug 21 16:23:01 BST 2007

On Tuesday 21 August 2007 17:04:29 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> I hope you plan to make this optional or make it possible to disable
> strigi indexing completely. This is a horrible idea on anything but a
> pretty empty home directory.
Strigi won't index all your home directory by default.

> For example I've got all kde development stuff in my home, so there are
> ton's of .svn subdirs all over the place. There are web pages for my
> homepage with quite some deeper hierarchies.
You can specify which directories to monitor and, most important of all, you
can create rules for include/ignore resource indexing. In this way you'll be
able to skip all .svn dirs, private folder, ...

> Sorry, but I don't see any way this can work with any of the existing
> notification systems on linux.
Yes I know :(

BTW, you can choose to update the index:
- by hand (== click a button)
- after X minutes
- automatically: using inotify

Cheers
	Flavio

--
|§ micron<- ICQ #118796665
|§ GPG Key:
|§  ~ Keyserver: pgp.mit.edu
|§  ~ KeyID: 6D632BED

~ "Progress is merely a realisation of utopias" ~