config option for KDirWatch method

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Tue Aug 21 16:19:27 BST 2007

On Tuesday, 21. August 2007, Flavio Castelli wrote:

> We watch recursively all indexed directories. In this way Strigi's index
> will be up-to-date and user searches will be consistent (we won't return
> deleted or no more valid contents nor we will omit a valid one).

As I tried to express previously: thats an extremely stupid idea. strigi
should not interfer while my "svn update" touches 15000 files. it can do that
when I`m away and do not care about my computer, but it shouldn`t do that
while I`m sitting in front of the machine and wait for something to finish.

I`ve tried to talk about this with Jos already and it seems we have
conflicting goals here. However, from experience with beagle I know that the
number 1 complain isn`t that it doesn`t find not-yet indexed documents, but
that it drains system ressources like crazy.

Dirk