clarification on git, central repositories and commit access lists

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Mon Aug 20 12:02:54 BST 2007

On Monday 20 August 2007 11:46:43 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> That counts as atomic commits to me. But that's *still* not what I want. I
> want to have atomic changesets. That is, I don't want to have one big
> commit saying "updating API XYZ and adapting to it throughout".

The word changeset isn't used in git anymore, and neither is it used in SVN.
Just to clarify: You want something like
	cd kdelibs; svn commit # produces r666666
	cd ../kdegames; svn commit @r666666 # denotes dependency on your specific
kdelibs update
Or alternatively, with tagged commits
	cd kdelibs; svn commit @thiago-feature
	cd ../kdegames; svn commit @thiago-feature
to express a direct relationship between commits?

Josef