Which styles to keep?

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Thu Aug 16 14:04:55 BST 2007

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 01:57:34PM +0200, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> Again. kde-artwork is NOT named kde-old-style-dump-place. We don't
> dump crappy old code in kdepim or koffice either, do we?

sorry dude, this is a bullshit argument you are bringing over and over.
oxygen is not a newer version of highcolor (yes, i use that one), it is
something *different*.
if you have convincing data that presenting "classical" styles to new
users is Bad (TM), then don't do it - in the welcome wizard or whatever.
but do you really think that alienating those who create kde is to kde's
best? i know at least one very "worthwhile" guy who lost motivation
because of the increasing "professionalization" and market orientation
of kde. i bet he isn't the only one.