Which styles to keep?

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Aug 14 14:02:54 BST 2007

On Tuesday 14 of August 2007, Mosfet wrote:
> <Lubos and Luciano essentially wrote>
>
> We like the old styles!
>
> </Lubos and Luciano essentially wrote>
>
> Well, okay - I can certainly see why people would want simple styles, for
> me it's mostly a matter of time and the fact that Qt now has Plastique and
> CleanLooks. Can I, (or someone else), get this done properly in time for
> KDE4.0 as well as all the other stuff that has to be done and is it high
> priority? It isn't just Blitz and porting the stuff in kdelibs and base, I
> also got my own KDE projects I wanted to release the first alpha of to
> coincide with KDE4.0. No way that's going to happen now :P
>
> Just because it's not in kdelibs doesn't mean it's dropped entirely, tho. I
> can certainly see porting at least Highcolor/B3, doing it right with the
> new QPainter, and sticking it in kdeartwork or something. And of course the
> KWin styles will stay somewhere as well since they are easy to hack. I can
> easily see an "oldschool" kdeartwork module >:)

 Keeping things in kdeartwork is fine. FWIW some of the kdebase KWin
decorations could be moved there as well, if somebody find some of the too
embarassing or whatever.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz