kprocess, kpty & kdesu

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 30 23:01:44 BST 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 30.04.07 22:02:43, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
>> - kpty is unix-only. as it stands now,
>
> Thats too bad, you know having konsole on windows with an embedded bash
> would really rock ;) But I do understand that nobody has the time or
> interest to find a way to make this possible..

Cygwin (mostly) has pty's, so it can be done; it would be a real shame
if Konsole didn't work on Windows. As far as bash, there are a number of
shells that can be run; offhand there are mingw shells, Cygwin shells,
Interix shells, MKS ksh, cmd.exe, and possibly others.

--
Matthew
If you believe you received this e-mail in error, you are probably sadly