Icon naming issue (was: KDE/kdesdk)

Urs Wolfer uwolfer at kde.org
Thu Apr 26 18:48:54 BST 2007

On Wednesday 25 April 2007, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> SVN commit 658018 by jriddell:
>
> Move icons to oxygen namespace

I'm not really happy with this solution. We move crystal (cr) icons to the
oxygen (ox) namespace. This way we make a mess. Artists have it harder to see
which icons do not work. If the icons are in cr or highcolor (hi), they can
just drop the icon folder and start an application to see which icons are
missing.

My suggestions to sort out this problem:
* make Oxygen inherit from cr instead of hi (at least for the next time)
* manual work: start an app; see which icons are missing; look for the ox one
(sometimes there are just other named); if it is missing: rename it to hi.
That's how I have done it.

I prefer the the 2nd solution.

Bye
urs