Icon naming issue (was: KDE/kdesdk)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Apr 26 20:20:06 BST 2007

On Thursday 26 April 2007, Urs Wolfer wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 April 2007, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > SVN commit 658018 by jriddell:
> >
> > Move icons to oxygen namespace
>
> I'm not really happy with this solution. We move crystal (cr) icons to the
> oxygen (ox) namespace. This way we make a mess. Artists have it harder to
> see which icons do not work. If the icons are in cr or highcolor (hi), they
> can just drop the icon folder and start an application to see which icons
> are missing.
>
> My suggestions to sort out this problem:
> * make Oxygen inherit from cr instead of hi (at least for the next time)

and of course, we can easily take this particular action as we get closer to
the release. in the meantime having ?s for icons is suitable and helps point
out what needs work where.

mixing in non-oxy icons into oxy is a exactly what everyone involved has been
hoping to avoid so we don't end up with a crystal-like madness of
inconsistency.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se