RFC: KRecentFilesAction: hide urls

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 18 16:44:26 BST 2007

Hans Meine wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 17. April 2007 23:45 schrieb Matthew Woehlke:
>> I would also vote for short, but maybe add the word "in" there? e.g.
>> 'foo.txt [in /home/self/docs]'
>
> Yes, I also thought about that.  (I thought about "from", but "in" might be
> even better.)

"from" is fine also; the point was just to have some connector. And of
course it will be translated.

> Then again, I think that the uniquify-like way could be even better:
> [snip, leaving just the 'would be' example]
>
> hans.jpg [in private_homepage]
> hans.jpg [in sources]
> about_me.html [in htdocs/private_homepage]
> about_me.html [in sources/private_homepage]
> cvs2svn.sh [in bin]
> cvs2svn.sh [in 8]
>
> (With additional tooltips showing the full URL.)

My complaint there is that maybe I don't know where "sources" is
(certainly I don't know where "8" is! :-)). But maybe tooltips would be
OK for that. Honestly I think I would prefer the dimmed full path, but
might prefer the short path if the dimming can't be done.

Hmm... it would also be great if we could align the extra information in
a second column.

(Ok, this *is* k-c-d, anyone know how do-able this is?)

--
Matthew
PIE INCOMING!!!