RFC: KRecentFilesAction: hide urls

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Wed Apr 18 09:07:13 BST 2007

Am Dienstag, 17. April 2007 23:45 schrieb Matthew Woehlke:
> I would also vote for short, but maybe add the word "in" there? e.g.
> 'foo.txt [in /home/self/docs]'

Yes, I also thought about that.  (I thought about "from", but "in" might be
even better.)

Then again, I think that the uniquify-like way could be even better:

Instead of

hans.jpg [in /var/lib/httpd/localhost/htdocs/private_homepage]
hans.jpg [in /home/hans/WWW/private_homepage/sources]
about_me.html [in /var/lib/httpd/localhost/htdocs/private_homepage]
about_me.html [in /home/hans/WWW/sources/private_homepage]
cvs2svn.sh [in /home/hans/bin]
cvs2svn.sh [in http://cvs2svn.tigris.org/nonav/issues/showattachment.cgi/8]

that would be:

hans.jpg [in private_homepage]
hans.jpg [in sources]
about_me.html [in htdocs/private_homepage]
about_me.html [in sources/private_homepage]
cvs2svn.sh [in bin]
cvs2svn.sh [in 8]

(With additional tooltips showing the full URL.)

I purposely added a "bad" example (the cvs2svn.sh with only "8") - one could
of course add a constraint like "the path should have min. 8 chars.

> I would also like to see dimmed if it is possible. (So the above is
> read: I like both ideas in shortdimmed, in whatever combination they can
> be implemented.)

Yes, I know this part is not easy to implement, but such things will never be
implemented if noone brings up the idea/need.