isnan() and isinf() checks

Hasso Tepper hasso at kde.org
Thu Apr 12 00:31:37 BST 2007

The C99 standard says that isinf and isnan are macros, but reality is
more complex. These might be functions in some systems (glibc has even
both!) and might require -lm. At the moment we only check whether
function exists and in the trunk we don't use -lm for check either.

Attached are patches to fix the problem for both KDE3 and KDE4. As a
side effect it also fixes detecting (_)finite in KDE4 for platforms
where it requires -lm.

Patches are tested on Linux and DragonFlyBSD. If noone objects, I will
commit tomorrow.

PS. The only thing now that makes out of box build fail on DragonFlyBSD
is the fact that we use our own copy of libtool which is just very old.
Any chance to update it?

regards,

--
Hasso Tepper