RFC: KRecentFilesAction: hide urls

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 17 22:45:53 BST 2007

>>> http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~meine/recentfiles-dimmed.png
>>> http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~meine/recentfiles-short.png
>>> http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~meine/recentfiles-shortdimmed.
>>> pn g
>> I vote for recentfiles-shortdimmed.
>
> I guess it's the decission of style plugin developers and can't be done in the
> action itself, right ? If it's possible to do, then it is  +1 vote for
> recentfiles-shortdimmed from me

Not precisely, since I think that would imply that the menu already
contains information about such-and-such part should be drawn
differently, which I don't think to be the case (this means we would
need to somehow add this information). Also I think the question about
long/short is in the menu API and not the style, so that's still up for
debate.

I would also vote for short, but maybe add the word "in" there? e.g.
'foo.txt [in /home/self/docs]'

I would also like to see dimmed if it is possible. (So the above is
read: I like both ideas in shortdimmed, in whatever combination they can
be implemented.)

--
Matthew
This e-mail may have been sent in haste; if any of its contents are