FW: [REMINDER] Upcoming KDE 4.0 Milestones + Nepomuk

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Mon Apr 9 21:53:21 BST 2007

Aaron J. Seigo schrieb:
> On Monday 09 April 2007, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>> Please notice that nepomuk did not work on win32 some weeks ago - did
>> not try since then due to other things to do. Is it possible to compile
>> nepomuk as an optional module?
>
> it is right now, yes. as more apps get support for it, however, it's going to
> become more and more of an issue. the worst thing is having lots of optional
> code that only a small number of people use because it's optional. that
> guarantees bugs and breakages, which will lead to nepomuk getting a poor
> reputation and used even less. that's really the opposite of what we should
> be aiming for.
>
> if it doesn't build on win32, either make it not build on win32 or fix the
> build. afaik saprano builds on win32 at least, which it didn't previously.

I managed to compile all dependencies on win32, but had some issues
compiling nepomuk (rcgen / librdf did not work correct and rcgen
creation on cmake time is more a hack than a real solution). But don't
know the current status...
I'll take a look on this in the next two weeks but it would be nice to
make it optional until 4.1.
> also, there are several classes in there that are pure GUI classes and don't
> have an real nepomuk requirements.

Christian