FW: [REMINDER] Upcoming KDE 4.0 Milestones + Nepomuk

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Apr 9 21:42:31 BST 2007

On Monday 09 April 2007, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Please notice that nepomuk did not work on win32 some weeks ago - did
> not try since then due to other things to do. Is it possible to compile
> nepomuk as an optional module?

it is right now, yes. as more apps get support for it, however, it's going to
become more and more of an issue. the worst thing is having lots of optional
code that only a small number of people use because it's optional. that
guarantees bugs and breakages, which will lead to nepomuk getting a poor
reputation and used even less. that's really the opposite of what we should
be aiming for.

if it doesn't build on win32, either make it not build on win32 or fix the
build. afaik saprano builds on win32 at least, which it didn't previously.

also, there are several classes in there that are pure GUI classes and don't
have an real nepomuk requirements.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se