Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Sep 26 11:02:40 BST 2006

Dne úterý 26 září 2006 10:53 David Faure napsal(a):
> On Sunday 24 September 2006 17:07, Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
> > I have come across the following problem: my Konqueror sidebar plugin
> > has to export some symbols from its library to be used in its plugins.
>
> So you have a plugin which itself has plugins? Interesting ;)
>
> globalLibrary() has always been said to be "the right thing to do". So I
> wouldn't object to it being used there, as long as you check that it still
> all works - e.g. that the current plugins don't have symbol conflicts with
> the rest of the code [or with each other?].

 And that why globalLibrary() has also always been said to be "the naive thing
to do" :).

 Just make sure all of your plugins link against all of their dependencies
(-no-undefined in LDFLAGS for KDE3, no idea about KDE4).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz