Maks Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Tue Sep 26 14:50:48 BST 2006

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 04:53, David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 24 September 2006 17:07, Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
> > I have come across the following problem: my Konqueror sidebar plugin
> > has to export some symbols from its library to be used in its plugins.
>
> So you have a plugin which itself has plugins? Interesting ;)
>
> globalLibrary() has always been said to be "the right thing to do". So I
> wouldn't object to it being used there, as long as you check that it still
> all works - e.g. that the current plugins don't have symbol conflicts with
> the rest of the code [or with each other?].

Related to this, we currently have problems with the DOM Tree Viewer being
unable to catch exceptions (and hence being crashy) due to getting separate
RTTI info. Do you think it would be reasonable to have some way of marking
KPart plugins to be opened as RTLD_GLOBAL? If so, any suggestions/pointers on
how/where to put such stuff?

Thanks,
Maks