Features for the new bugzilla?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Sep 11 20:56:28 BST 2006

On Monday 11 September 2006 12:26, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> full i18n of bug handling is surely not a high priority task, but if we
> think we can't do it reliably on this extremly controlled channel (limited
> interaction patterns, non-interactive communication, arbitrary delays
> between replys, etc), how are we going to deal with it elsewhere?

because the people on -this- side of it don't speak, for instance, chinese. or
at least the vast majority of us don't. due to our developer community
profile for most of our apps, i18n bugs just wouldn't work well without a
host of translators.

for other forms of communication, it should be possible to grow end-to-end
communities that speak a given language around application development,
promotion and industry relations, artwork, user support, etc ... these can be
completely $LANG centric with "bridge members" that triage important
information up/down/side-stream as required ...

but i'm not sure it will be feasible, at least in the short/mid-term, to
realistically build full i18n communication channels between the world and
the core project members in a way that reaps dividends.

iow, instead of trying to globalize kde central we should perhaps be trying to
regionalize kde global.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Undulate Your Wantonness