kdepring what are the plans?

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Mon Sep 11 09:40:45 BST 2006

On Sunday 10 September 2006 00:32, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> It is part of my plan of reworking KPrinter (to be published shortly)
> to get input from some willing panel of fellow developers as of which
> approach would be better.

For Qt4.2 we missed adding a feature that I'll push to get into 4.3
instead; the ability to set a pagesize based on real units instead of a
list of predefined pagesizes. Which means another method on QPrinter
probably.
It would be great if the we indeed inherit to make sure this kind of
things will just work without any effort in kdelibs.

For the print dialog; I'd love to have an app-specific pane for KOffice
features. See for example the attached (qt4) UI file. (a very rough
mockup). Sorry for awful spacing, thats buggy Qt behavior.

--
Thomas Zander