deprecation

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sat Sep 9 19:34:45 BST 2006

On Saturday 09 September 2006 19:11, Will Entriken wrote:
> Is there a standard way for me to look up how I should fix this
> problem, whether it is simply using an equivalent function or a
> complete design change?

The APIDOX are supposed to have some information about that; anyone marking a
method in kdelibs as deprecated and *not* documenting it in the APIDOX (where
it remains visible for a long time and also available in the documentation
people will  be turning to when using the API later) is doing the project a
great disservice. The PORTING file just doesn't cut it -- it's convenient for
those people doing the porting in KDE SVN right now, but useless for the
folks who "just" want an API that they can understand and follow.

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/