KLibLoader broken on OSX

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Sat Oct 7 18:34:22 BST 2006

On Saturday, 7. October 2006 19:07, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Attached is a simple testcase to show how it could be implemented in
> KLibLoader, respecting paths, and not making any assumption about
> suffixes, prefixes or how to encode version numbers in pathnames:

Oh, ok. Misunderstanding. I've not claimed that the code is supposed to stay
that way forever. :) The problem is that we currently have about 23 places in
KDE (according to lxr), that call KLibrary::findLibrary (which maps a lib to
an absolute path) without actually loading it. I could certainly use the
qlibrary code in your test.cpp to implement the searching, however I fear
that it is a little bit slow to dlopen it just for fun. I was planning to get
rid of those 23 places to be able to remove the findLibrary API ,then we can
simplify the stuff a lot and benefit from the behaviour in QLibrary you
pointed out.

Dirk