KLibLoader broken on OSX

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Oct 7 18:07:52 BST 2006

Dirk Mueller wrote:
>On Wednesday, 4. October 2006 19:34, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> QLibrary, which KLibLoader indirectly uses now, already has the
>> extension code. Why is this being duplicated?
>
>Where is that code supposed to be? The code I found doesn't search
> arbitrary KStandardDirs for libraries.

I never said it does. I was talking about the file name's prefix and
suffix, not about the pathnames.

Attached is a simple testcase to show how it could be implemented in
KLibLoader, respecting paths, and not making any assumption about
suffixes, prefixes or how to encode version numbers in pathnames:

The result of running it was:
could not load library "/usr/local/lib/bz2"
0x0
could  load library "/usr/lib/libbz2.so"
0xb7a72640

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358