about kde4's smart pointer

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Oct 3 21:14:24 BST 2006

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 16:20, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 October 2006 16:10, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > On Tuesday 03 October 2006 16:08, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > > DOes this have anything to do with explicit constructor checks? They
> > > may have gotten in the way here.
> >
> > yes it has. But the question is wether it was made on purpose or just to
> > remove the warning message in the EBN.

I'd like to focus on the explicitness of the constructor:

501697    hermier     inline explicit KSharedPtr( T* p )

is that or is that not a good idea for this kind of shared pointer? I'd like
comments from people who know something about the intended use of such
pointers (the change has been in there for a long time though).

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot