about kde4's smart pointer

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Oct 3 21:18:19 BST 2006

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 22:14, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 October 2006 16:20, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > >
> > > yes it has. But the question is wether it was made on purpose or just
> > > to remove the warning message in the EBN.
>
> I'd like to focus on the explicitness of the constructor:
>
> 501697    hermier     inline explicit KSharedPtr( T* p )
>
> is that or is that not a good idea for this kind of shared pointer? I'd
> like comments from people who know something about the intended use of such
> pointers (the change has been in there for a long time though).

I guess that only now people start actually working on code that uses them.
Krita got converted to explicit smart pointers as part of the general porting
(mainly by Laurent and Adrian) -- and it's taken me & the rest of the gang
until know to get into a state where can resume real coding.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi