Using scripting languages for KDE4 main modules

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Oct 3 19:30:57 BST 2006

On Thursday 28 September 2006 16:07, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Both at the kdegames BOF and kdeedu BOF there was discussion about if
> programs created enterely in Ruby/Python/etc are going to be allowed to be
> in main modules of kde for KDE 4.
>
> No one found any policy against it but no one found a policy for it neither
> so we are somewhat unsure if it is allowed or not.
>
> Could we get a clear "Yes"?

Since "main modules" seems to have distracted people from the core issue,
maybe we should rephrase it like this:

If an application using one of KDE's bindings would be a nice addition to KDE
Edu, can the KDE Edu maintainer import it into kdeedu?

If a game using one of KDE's bindings would be a nice addition to KDE Games,
can the KDE Games maintainer import it into kdegames?

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>