Using scripting languages for KDE4 main modules

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Oct 3 15:51:35 BST 2006

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 16:08, Stephen Leaf wrote:

> javascript is actually not a bad language at all.. really the only thing
> that really turns most people off of it is it's relationship with web
> pages. and that is because of the mess caused by different implementations.

Actually, what completely turned me off javascript now that I've had to use it
to write a complex application for the past few months is that the language
is prototype based and not object oriented. That means it's a really bad fit
with Qt. That, and the insane scope rules, the lack of multi-threading the
curiously underpowered string "class" really turn me off javascript, not the
relation with web pages, html or incompatible implementations.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi