Mocups of focus hints for panes

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 28 17:09:13 GMT 2006

Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke said the following, On 2006-11-28 01:26:
>>> PS: Of course the focus color is blue for by default, substitute it
>>> with anything that will be the default in KDE4 [snip]
>>
>> Please stop thinking about it as "blue". If you ever use "blue", or
>> anything *except* the highlight color I have chosen[*], I will be
>> upset. :-)
>
> Read the whole message  from me or nothing :) I explicitly mentioned
> QPalette::Highlight so note that I talked about blue is only to make my
> statements more clear to usability people.

I did, so I apologize for beating you over the head... just so long as
it sticks! ;-) As you may have noticed people ignoring users' color
schemes is a bit of a pet peeve (since I tend toward colors that usually
cause problems when people do this :-)).

> BTW, "your" style on focus.png does not look accessible (at least no moe
> acessible than CDE style) - it has still only one pixel thick and very
> dark rectangle used - instead of a good contrasting highlight color.

Yes, I did eventually realize what you were talking about here. I could
do a mock-up (or heck, maybe The Real Thing) of a better version if you
are interested. Are you? :-) Anything *I* would do would be done in
code, so any screenshots I would produce as a result would be The Real
Thing, rather than mock-ups made with image editors.

--
Matthew
Caution: keep out of reach of adults.