Okular moving (covering parts of .pdfs)

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Wed Nov 29 21:47:32 GMT 2006

> * covering unwanted sections with a black or white
>   area

ROTFL. You've made my day. One would think that only clueless bureaucrats
think that way ;)

In order to remove content, you have to remove it, as in physically
overwriting the bits of image bitmaps in the .pdf, and clipping, splitting
and then removing the "hidden" paths. There's no other way. There could be
probably some postscript magic done to implement that, if noone did so yet.

I don't see how anyone would have the crazy idea that adding content will
somehow remove it :) It's a trivial matter to print the .pdf to a postscript
file, and remove the obliterations by hand.

Cheers, Kuba