Okular moving

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Wed Nov 29 21:50:13 GMT 2006

On Sunday 19 November 2006 18:14, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> On Friday, 17. November 2006 23:24, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> > One more functionality that I would have needed  twice: Change the page
> > size of some pages. In particular, I had a PDF that was used for printing
> > a journal, so it had those additional margins. Now, to print them on our
> > laser printer (and to make them available for download from our
> > homepage), I needed to cut away those margins.
>
> I'd say that belongs into the printing framework though. This kind of
> functionality should be available for all kinds of documents, not just PDFs
> or even anything supported by Okular.

I don't know how it can be done properly -- you'd need to export the .pdf to a
more common format (postscript?), do the editing, and convert it back. This
always looses information and is known to make .pdf files get bloated and
look worse.

What Reinhold meant, I'd assume, was to have this as a per-page functionality
(includes page ranges of course). So you could resize the canvas of every
page, if need be. This really falls under the page crop/rootate/resize
umbrella.

Cheers, Kuba