Mocups of focus hints for panes

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 28 00:26:49 GMT 2006

Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> PS: Of course the focus color is blue for by default, substitute it with
> anything that will be the default in KDE4 [snip]

Please stop thinking about it as "blue". If you ever use "blue", or
anything *except* the highlight color I have chosen[*], I will be upset. :-)

Also Gary is correct; see my other message. There is potential for a
policy here (which I would not object to, but I WILL probably complain
if it can't be turned off), but this is really something that the user's
chosen qt-style needs to handle.

Oh, and FWIW, my own qt-style already shows focus rects on tabs when
they have keyboard focus. :-) It may not be "the best" way to do things,
but it's how my style does it, and that should be my choice.

([*] It /is/ ok to generate a color using the user's colors as inputs;
just be careful that it works well with a wide variety of color schemes
and be willing to adjust your algorithm if/when someone complains. For
instance, blending highlight() and another color, like button() or
base() is common; Plastik does this for hovering over many widgets.)

--
Matthew
This message will self destruct in five millennia.