Okular moving

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Fri Nov 17 17:36:23 GMT 2006

On Friday 17 November 2006 14:19, mETz wrote:

> I expect a viewer to _view_ (i.e. display) documents. Nothing more,
> nothing less.

I agree....

> Maybe allow copying text/images to clipboard but that's
> about it. If I want to crop/rotate/rearrange some document then I want
> to _edit_ it and not _view_ it (and for editing I use gimp, openoffice,
> kate and kile)

Right. The problem is: none of the applications you mention can edit
*PDF* documents. And PDF is one of the core formats handled by these
applications we discuss in this threat.

If I'm currently using a _viewer_, _viewing_ a document, and now it
suddenly occurs to me (for whatever reason) that I may need to _edit_
it, I do not want to start a completely separate application, and
load that document again. I'd rather prefer to click on "edit", and
see how my viewer quickly loads its editing tools so I can use them
on the opened document....   [1]

Think "workflow"...

Cheers,
Kurt

[1] Of course, being KDE, somehow it would be possible to determine
that I always want to laod the full featureset right from startup,
because I may not be a "view only" user