KProcess bug or something wrong in kdevelop?

Thomas Zander zander at
Thu Nov 9 09:51:34 GMT 2006

On Thursday 09 November 2006 00:32, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> today I discovered a problem with KProcess. I need to use
> KProcess::Block to execute a qmake command and read the output on
> stderr. Figuring out how it should work was easy and actually it works
> 99%. The problem is that the remaining 1% creates a zombie process of
> whatever I start via KProcess, be it a shell command starting qmake,
> simply kcalc without shell or kate.

Did you read the stdout (and probably discard that). Because if the buffer 
fills up a unix process just stops.
Same with stdin, sure its not waiting for input?
Thomas Zander
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 191 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <>

More information about the kde-core-devel mailing list