KProcess bug or something wrong in kdevelop?

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Fri Nov 10 19:07:26 GMT 2006

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 04:16:42PM +0100, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On IRC/#kdevelop somebody pointed out that the problem might be using
> QProcess and KProcess inside the same unix process. Both classes install
> unix-signal handlers, but QProcess does this on every instance creation.
> KProcess only seems to do this when it is created first.

might be. qprocess never was a good citizen regarding signal chaining in
qt3. it think it is better in qt4.

> The better solution IMHO is that KProcess installs the signal handlers
> everytime it is instantiated.

this wouldn't do any good.

> I guess its too late to get a fix into 3.5.6, thus I'll open a bugreport
> about this.

wontfix, as far as i'm concerned.
in kde4, kprocess as it exists now will die anyway. provided the trolls
get their asses moving, so dropping kprocess won't cause serious feature
regressions.