KProcess bug or something wrong in kdevelop?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at
Thu Nov 9 11:22:03 GMT 2006

On 09.11.06 10:51:34, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Thursday 09 November 2006 00:32, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > today I discovered a problem with KProcess. I need to use
> > KProcess::Block to execute a qmake command and read the output on
> > stderr. Figuring out how it should work was easy and actually it works
> > 99%. The problem is that the remaining 1% creates a zombie process of
> > whatever I start via KProcess, be it a shell command starting qmake,
> > simply kcalc without shell or kate.
> Did you read the stdout (and probably discard that). Because if the buffer 
> fills up a unix process just stops.

Well, first qmake doesn't produce anything on stdout. Second even if the
unix process stops, it shouldn't turn into a zombie.

> Same with stdin, sure its not waiting for input?

I'm sure that qmake doesn't wait for input and KProcess has the same
problem when using "ls" as command.


Chess tonight.

More information about the kde-core-devel mailing list