kbabel degenerating

Stephan Johach lucardus-53koH/AXb86i2/dY4+mD5w at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 3 10:37:23 GMT 2006

Hi Eric!
Am Mittwoch, 1. November 2006 13:55 schrieb Erik Kjær Pedersen:
> The version that came out with 3.5.5 has lost the diff function, it still
> does not count correctly. The diff function is serious, I can not use this
> version because of that. I suppose there is no maintainer and I am not a
> programmer. It does not bode well for translation in the future if we can
> not count on our main tool. I downgraded to 3.5.3 again. That still works
> reasonably. 3.5.4 did not work for me at all, but I have forgotten what the
> problem was.

I had a look what has changed in stable branch, and indeed the diff algorithm
was replaced by shaforo (cc) in July 2006. So perhaps this change causes your
problem.

BTW have you filed a bugreport with some more details, so a potential
bug fixer has a chance to test if he or she can verify the bug?

Unfortunately I never got the diff mode to work here, so I can not
even say if is broken for me too.

Stephan