Error compiling kdelibs4_snapshot on AMD64

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri May 19 08:15:41 BST 2006

Dirk Mueller wrote:
>basically it should be
>
>a) gcc version older than 4.1.0
>b) libstdc++ compiled with nonstandard allocator.
>
>in these cases we have to disable visibility support. otherwise, I'd
> like to have it unconditionally enabled, otherwise developers don't
> find the problems (plugins not being loadable due to necessary symbols
> not being exported).

4.1.0 or 4.0.0?

AFAIU, the problem on AMD-64 is a compiler bug, so can't we bug people to
upgrade their compilers? Is there a 4.0.x release that works?

  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech AS
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway