Concluding the discussion about splitting kdebase

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue May 16 12:02:58 BST 2006

[Joining late -- there has been too much beer in my life recently]

On Friday 12 May 2006 10:12, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 12 May 2006 08:46, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > >
> > > It's under apps as is konqueror. Is it used by something else than
> > > Konqueror?
> >
> > Why no put it in apps/konqueror  then ?
>
> If you still want icons on your desktop, you need kdesktop to keep using
> libkonq; but as coolo says it could move to kdelibs. For sure it can't move
> to apps/konqueror though.

IIRC kdesktop uses libkonq only because of the icon view class in libkonq.
However, the libkonq icon view is designed around *rectangular* windows,
which doesn't necessarily apply to KDesktop (think Xinerama). In the work
branch where I was messing with Xinerama I was working on dropping libkonq,
since it's just not going to work.

--
As of September 1st, 2004, the University of Nijmegen will _still_ be the
University of Nijmegen, but with a different nonsensical adjective in front.