Helping with KDE4 (valgrind)

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Thu May 11 09:02:10 BST 2006

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 11:46:33PM +0200, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 May 2006 23:37, John Tapsell wrote:
Hi,

> > Instead of reading from /proc, is there a better, faster way of
> > getting information about processes?
>
> kvm(3)? Perhaps you mean "a more *portable* way", since reading /proc is
> awful. What we really need is a library that abstracts this stuff away --
> ISTR a discussion about it last year, and Seb is asking me the same question
> in comments on my blog (for SK, presumably).
Please be aware that the information is collected by ksysguardd, which
is a small application written in plain C to allow easy porting and
increase the acceptance of sysadmins. I really doubt that a sysadmin
will install an application which links agains kdelibs just to use solid
for retrieving system information...

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Councile of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!