KDE 4 Core Libraries major features

Olaf Jan Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Fri Mar 31 12:14:22 BST 2006

[ Thiago Macieira ]
> If there is something more, feel free to add them to the list. These are
> the features that will need to be present in the Core Libraries for a
> future kdelibs Technical Preview release sometime later this year.

All widgets need to properly work with the Qt Accessibility Framework. This is
especially important for all widgets in KDE libraries. Writing tools for easy
testing of accessibility support depends on DBUS support being finished,
which means that it will take a while before we can push people to start
coding on this.

It must be clear to everyone that it needs to be task of the respective
maintainers to find someone to work on this. Our very small accessibility
team is already more than busy providing the proper framework for this and
writing documentation. And translators are not expected to adding the i18n
calls into all applications either.

It is not necessary to finish accessibility support for the preview, but we
need it when KDE4 is released.

Olaf

--
Olaf Jan Schmidt, KDE Accessibility co-maintainer, open standards
accessibility networker, Protestant theology student and webmaster of