KDE 4 Core Libraries major features

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Mar 30 20:13:23 BST 2006

On Thursday 30 March 2006 20:17, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Hello again fellow developers
>
> I have gone through the suggestions posted on the "KDE4 Development
> Critical Path" thread and collected them all here. The features are
> listed below:
>
> - Build System
> - Getting rid of Qt3Support
> - Phonon
> - Solid
> - D-Bus
> - KConfig backends
> - XMLGUI upgrade
> - KHTML & friends (WebKit, KDOM/KHTML2/KSVG2)
> - Akonadi
>
> For each one of those above, I'd like to know:
> 0) is it really a needed feature for the KDE 4 Core Libraries?
> 1) who could we list as the main contact (someone to update us on the
> progress, etc.)?
> 2) how far along is it?
> 3) how long should it take to complete?
> 4) what other features not currently done it depends on?

Well, about the build system:
0) yes, obviously :-)
1) I have only limited time so I can't compile complete svn every day. But I
will try to solve the technical issues and stay in contact with the cmake
developers. I guess currently the most active cmake converter is Laurent
Montel.
2 + 3) quite far, but Laurent knows better than me
4) basically everything

Bye
Alex