Running kde4 applications in the kde3 desktop

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sat Mar 25 16:18:11 GMT 2006

On Saturday 25 March 2006 15:37, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> But for KDE 4, I guess we'll have to put some effort into ensuring
> both worlds still work. I don't have much hopes for both worlds
> communicating with each other, though.

I don't think that is important, but running easily KDE4 applications
under KDE3 or in the other way is certainly needed, and even in early
phase. KDE4 as a desktop is not so useful now, but it makes sense to
use the KDE4 library to port your application while you work under KDE3
and naturally you want to run and try your application without much
headache.

Andras