kdebase + kdelibs head

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Tue Mar 21 19:03:42 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 19:33, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> is it possible that those who work on kdebase are more likely to also
> follow trunk/kdelibs as well? kdelibs+kdebase are sort of the foundational
> parts of kde anyways and in that sense "go together". and doesn't it make
> more sense to have actual applications to test trunk/kdelibs against?

For me it's more that if I'm going to mess with the libs, I'm probably going
to be doing it in tandem with application development.  "Ah, I see a bug in
KFoo, the bug comes from kdelibs, let's fix it..."

Maintaining two libs trees is just annoying (actually I just hack out the
thing from kdeversion.h and use make -k).

I seem to remember that for KDE 2 -> KDE 3 we just had "source incompatible
Mondays".  Why not just go back to that?

-Scott

--
Audience Member: "What was the hardest part of building TeX?"
Donald Knuth: "It was all pretty easy."